Counselling & Psychotherapy in St. Catherines and Surrounding area.
During our lives, we sometimes struggle to understand and cope with life experiences and may not want to worry family or friends with our concerns. At these times, I am here for you, while you talk and explore thoughts and feelings around the challenges of life.
As a Registered Psychotherapist (Ontario) and Certified member of the Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists, I offer professional support for individuals, children, couples and families who may be experiencing stress, loss, parenting concerns, relationship difficulties, pre- or post-natal worries, school problems, or other life difficulties. During this exploration, your personal information is treated in a confidential, sensitive, and caring manner.
Phone now for a free consultation 905 468 0046
- Registered Psychotherapist (CRPO)
- M.A. Counselling Psychology, Adler University
- Art Therapist, Toronto Art Therapy Institute
- Honours Bachelor of Science, Psychology & Psychoanalytic Thought, Trinity College University of Toronto,
- Senior Candidate, Toronto Institute for Contemporary Psychoanalysis
- State Registered Midwife (PIN:70I2436E) and Registered Nurse England & Wales (Retired)
During these sessions, I provide you with a safe space within which you can explore the concerns of your life. Sessions generally are fifty minutes in length and are weekly, biweekly or less frequent, depending on your needs and preferences. During this work, you will have an opportunity to reflect on your life in the present, past and future and to identify a goal(s) to keep in mind for our meetings.
- Within psychotherapy sessions, you have the opportunity to reflect on your “self” and your life, within the presence of another person, the therapist, who acts as a trusted guide during the psychotherapy process.
- These sessions may be “brief,” where you contract for a set number of sessions, for example, twelve to sixteen and may focus on one or two life concerns. Sessions may also be scheduled over a longer period of time, if you wish to work from a psychodynamic or psychoanalytic perspective.
Visit my website
- Couples bring their relationship concerns to the initial session and outline goals that they hope to reach within the therapy sessions and through practicing homework provided by the therapist. Couples sessions are offered for heterosexual and same-sex couples.
Visit my website
- Counselling sessions focus on specific life concerns for which you are seeking out helpful resources. For example, you may need help in problem-solving or with finding resources in the community. Generally, counselling sessions are brief in their duration.
- These sessions are one and one-half hour in duration. Usually the focus is on one or two areas of concern in life , your feelings and beliefs about this problem, and your goals. This is an opportunity to outline where you are experiencing difficulty in life and to brain storm, with the therapist, as to possible solutions to your problem. Together, we will formulate a summary of the consultation and there is the option to continue with counselling or psychotherapy if requested or recommended.
Visit my website
- These sessions are structured to help you articulate your aspirations, clarify your purpose and goals, and reach your desired outcome. You may wish to address specific personal projects, business successes or general conditions of your life or profession. During these sessions, I keep the work focused on your goals and encourage you throughout the process. Generally, coaching continues for three months. After this period, sessions can convert to a month-to-month basis, according to your wishes.
- Clinical research indicates that the creative processes involved in art-making are healing and life-enhancing. Through art therapy, we have the potential to increase our self-awareness, cope with symptoms, stress, and traumatic experiences, as well as to enhance our cognitive abilities. Art therapy is very valuable when children or adults have difficulty in putting their experiences and feelings into words. Research with young children and parents indicates that art therapy can facilitate the attachment relationship and has the potential to enhance subsequent relationships during the life-span.
- Visit my website
I am a Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Psychotherapists (Ontario). My training in relationally-based therapies as well as Adlerian and Gestalt therapy and my background in Nursing, Midwifery and Family Therapy enrich my professional work.
I offer short and long term psychotherapy for children, adults, couples and families who may be struggling with a variety of life concerns such as sadness, anxiety, grief, depression, anger, trauma, gender identity and relationship difficulties.
Clinical approaches include Psychotherapy, Counselling, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Art Therapy, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, among others.
I have 2 locations
98 Welland Avenue
St. Catharines, ON. L2R 2N1
278 Mary Street
Niagara on the Lake, ON. L0S 1J0
Call or email now for an appointment
Telephone: 905 468 0046
Highlights of Sunset at...