Cranberries have been proven to be one of the healthiest things to ingest. Known as a superfood, these tiny berries pack a ton of power in their punch!
Just some of the many health benefits of cranberries include:
• Prevent stomach ulcer bacteria from attaching itself to the stomach lining.
• Supports blood vessels and is thus good for heart health.
• Anti-inflammatory. They reduce inflammation in all areas of the body.
• They increase levels of HDL (good cholesterol)
• Lowers levels of LDL (bad cholesterol)
• Lowers blood pressure.
• Boosts the immune system
• And more!
One of the most delicious foods we all love, and is often considered a treat, are muffins. Muffins have gotten a bad reputation in recent times from being packed with too much sugar, and that they usually are. However, I have devised a way for you to have your muffin and eat it too, along with the many benefits and fabulous flavour of Cranberries!
Please check out my allergy friendly, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, grain and sugar free Cranberry Lemon muffin recipe!
Coconut Flour Cranberry Lemon Muffins (grain-free & sugar-free)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1/4 c. goat yogurt (or the cream off the top of a can of organic coconut milk)
2 T. melted soy free earth balance butter spread or coconut oil
1/8 t. pure stevia
1 T. lemon juice
1/4 t. alcohol free vanilla
1/4 t. baking soda
1 t. apple cider vinegar
2 T. xylitol
1/2 c. fresh cranberries (chopped)
1/4 c. coconut flour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together all ingredients except cranberries and coconut flour.
3. Thoroughly mix in coconut flour.
4. Chop the cranberries and fold them into the
5. Grease a mini or regular size muffin tin really well or use parchment (these are very sticky!)
6. Bake for approximately 15 minutes for minis & 20-25 minutes for regular size.
7. These muffins tend to taste best after they’ve cooled.
Notes: These can also be kept in the freezer, will be ready to eat if taken out 30-60 mins before eating.
Boost those taste buds without the waistline effects! Enjoy these delicious healthy muffins, and put your mind at ease, knowing there is no better guilt free muffin around!
Kelly Bentley from Soulely You Holistic Wellness uses her knowledge and skill set, to work one on one assessing clients physically, as well as metaphysically (that which is beyond what presents itself physically in the body). She has a solid knowledge base of bioenergy (the various human energy systems) the different stages of infant development, and how these correlate to a physical structure, mental emotional capacity, personality, disposition and perception. She appreciates socio-cultural correlations, as well as psychospiritual influences (pertaining to the relationship between spirituality and the mind), unearthing the root cause of mental and physical symptoms that often get overlooked by other medical professionals, giving the most comprehensive care possible.