What are the top 5 causes of sore feet?
We have all had sore feet
We have all had sore feet from time to time, but what are the most common issues that cause sore feet? Tom from The Foot Lab in Edmonton gives us his opinion.
- Plantar Fasciitis - Number one by a long, long way is Plantar Fasciitis - pain in the heel that is worst when rising in the morning or after resting that lessens after a few moments but worsens throughout the day,
- Metatarsalgia - then in no specific order, Metatarsalgia - pain at the bottom of the ball of the foot that is worst on hard surfaces.
- Tendinitis - that occurs in any of the tendons - pain in a linear direction of that specific tendon that is worst when stressed.
- Bursitis - pain, and swelling of the Busa - a sac filled with synovial fluid.
- Severs Disease - a condition most often seen in boys from age 8 - 13, pain in the heel caused by separation of the growth plate from the bone caused by too much activity/sports.
Tom Lemke has been making custom footwear for Canadians for over 30 years.
Tom became a Certified Pedorthic Master Craftsman in 1996, and a few years later in 2003 he started his own orthopedic, orthotic and pedorthic practice: The Foot Lab. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, The Foot Lab serves clients from Grande Prairie to Nova Scotia and beyond. Check out our website http://www.footlab.ca/
Our Certified Pedorthic Master Craftsman will create custom-made shoes, inserts, insoles and/or footwear modification to help you:
- improve your walking posture, putting less stress on your body;
- relieve foot, leg, or back pain from walking and standing;
- walk more naturally with differently-sized legs or a partial or full amputation; and
- relieve pain and improve balance problems caused by chronic health issues like diabetes or cerebral palsy.