Top 5 Benefits of Laser Therapy
It helps with more then just pain relief.
The top 5 benefit's of laser therapy is:
- Anti-inflammatory: Laser therapy has an anti-edema (anti-swelling) effect. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Pain relief: It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain-blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalins from the brain and adrenal gland.
- The growth of new and healthy tissues: The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
- Increased blood flow to the injured site: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process.
- Increases cell activity: Laser therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells
Niagara Spine and Sport Therapy is a multi-disciplinary clinic offering chiropractic, acupuncture, massage therapy and physiotherapy for the treatment of acute and chronic pain in Welland, Niagara Falls, and surrounding areas. Our clinic director and owner, Dr. John Strebul, DC is a Chiropractor that specializes in the treatment of sports and repetitive strain injuries. Dr. Strebul provides a functional approach to treating all injuries by implementing various therapies including Active Release Techniques(ART), Joint Manipulation, Medical Acupuncture, Laser, and Spinal Decompression. He has helped athletes of all levels with injury recovery and performance enhancement.
Dr. Strebul and the team at Niagara Spine and Sport Therapy can help relieve your pain, promote your health and wellness and enhance your performance.