Naturopath In Newmarket
We are a family oriented primary health care service in York Region. From speeding up the recovery of physical injuries to eliminating the symptoms of chronic ailment, you and your family can benefit from the knowledge of a licensed naturopathic doctor. Our goal is to provide the best individually designed treatments for your condition.
Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine
- Chinese medicine is the world's oldest and most complete medical treatment system. It utilizes herbal medicine, tuina (form of massage, similar to shiatsu), hydrotherapy, heat therapy, as well as acupuncture, the latter being the most well known in the Western world.
- Traditional Chinese medicine has its own system for assessing and diagnosing health conditions based on observations. Your pulses will be observed on three separate location on each wrist. You will also be asked to extend your tongue in order to observe its color, coating, shape, and size.
- The Bowen Technique is a gentle physical therapeutic method used for correcting all kinds of physical pain and restrictions such as sciatica, tennis elbow, arthritis, and lower back pain. It is safe during pregnancy and beneficial for those attempting to conceive.
- The Bowen Technique uses a light rolling motion over the belly of a muscle, tendon, and sometimes neurovascular bundle. These precision moves stimulate increase blood flow to the muscles, improve metabolism of local soft tissue, and release fascia tension.
- Each 45-minute Bowen treatment involves multiple sets of moves with short 2-minute pauses for body integration. Bowen techniques are typically performed on bare skin, so please come prepared with loose clothing. Please advise the practitioner if you would prefer to remain fully clothed.
- Although the Bowen Move is done on specific parts of the body, its effects are felt throughout the entire person. It has a balancing effect on the autonomic nervous system. Do not be alarmed if you feel slightly disoriented after the treatment. Some individuals also experience slight headache as their body undergoes a temporary detoxification reaction.
- For the first 24 hours after each Bowen treatment, make sure you consume sufficient quantity of fresh water to facilitate your body’s effort to remove lactic acid and other waste products. Due to fascia tension and muscle restrictions in areas of pain previously, tissue waste was not easily released. Frequent gentle movements throughout the day is also very beneficial as your body reprograms itself to move normally again. If you have been sedentary for more than half an hour, stand up and walk around the room for 5 minutes.
- Depending on the individuals receiving the treatment and the history of the pain/restriction, Bowen Therapy recipients should expect improvement in 4-8 visits.
- Originally discovered by a German medical physician in the 18 centuries, homeopathy has been in continuous usage throughout the world, with great popularity in Europe, South America, and Southeast Asia.
- Classical homeopathy approaches healing by studying everything about a person, then prescribing a single remedy that most closely resemble the ailing individual. A remedy which correctly matches an individual's totality will bring balance to the mind, body, and spirit. Under a state of equilibrium, nature rapidly repairs weaknesses and damages, returning the individual back to health. It is not unusual for a single homeopathic remedy to treat multiple conditions. e.g. insomnia and indigestion
- Each homeopathic "remedy" is prepared by diluting and energizing plant, animal, or mineral substance. Because these highly diluted and potentized substances are non-toxic, it is most ideal for children, pregnant women, elderlies, and individuals taking medications.
- Homeopathic remedies have been successfully used to treat childhood illnesses, first aid and emergencies, breech pregnancy, delayed labour, menopausal symptoms, mood disorders, severe colds/flu, acute and chronic infections, and much more.
- Homeopathic treatments energetically remind a person's body mind and spirit to self healing. Unlike conventional herbal, nutritional, or pharmaceutical treatment, you do not always need to take multiple daily dosages. Depending on the nature of your condition and your overall health you may take it once a day, once a week, or only once a month. Most remedies are dissolved in mouth, however, they may also be applied topically. To ensure these mild remedies' efficacy, they should be taken away from food, drink, and strong scents by approximately 15 minutes.
Some of the lab services we provide include:
- Food allergy testing (Blood IgG for 96 Foods)
- Hair mineral analysis (mineral deficiencies and heavy metal toxicity)
- Urine analysis
- Hormone panels (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, melatonin, cortisol, DHEA, etc.)
- Many chronic disease and health concerns in Canadian society can be overcome by eating the right foods and avoiding the inappropriate ones. The benefit of eating a healthy balanced diet in preventing heart diseases and diabetes are no longer in dispute in North America. In 1988 the US Surgeon General acknowledged the value of a good diet while simultanously condemming the typical SAD (standard American Diet).
About Naturopathic Doctor Kitty Shang
Kitty Shang is a Licensed Naturopathic Doctor who graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. She also holds a Honours Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences from the University of Guelph.
Dr. Shang focuses her practice in areas of women's health and pediatric health. She is a DONA trained Doula who works with women to rediscover their inner strength through labour. She is also a practicing member of the Association of Perinatal Naturopathic Doctors.
In order to provide the most gentle and effective care for her unique clientele, Kitty Shang specializes in non-aggressive energetic treatment modalities. Dr. Shang has studied under numerous international and Canadian experts in fields of classical homeopathy, Bowen therapy, Western herbal medicine, and traditional Chinese Medicine.