How to avoid Text Neck!!
1. Take a break: Looking down is one thing but even holding your phone or tablet for extended periods of time can strain the muscles in the shoulders, arms and fingers. Try to switch it up by not remaining in the same position for longer than 30 minutes at a time. A short walk or some light stretches can do wonders.
2. Follow the 20-20-20 rule: To reduce eye strain, follow the 20-20-20 rule by looking about 20 feet ahead (or further, if possible) for 20 seconds every 20 minutes.
3. Aim higher: Reduce neck strain by bringing your phone or tablet closer to eye level. When reading studies or watching lectures on a tablet, let your arms rest by propping the device up against something.
4. Use technology to your advantage: Several apps are available that detect the angle of the head and alert a person to adjust his/her posture.
5. Stretch it out: Here’s a simple exercise to stretch those neck muscles. Start by slowly turning your head toward left shoulder and holding for five seconds. Do the same on your right side and you’re done!
Dr. Albert Scales is the owner of Lakeshore Chiropractic Group has been helping victims of motor vehicle accidents for over 35 years. Dr. Scales has successfully helped hundreds of auto accident sufferers return to a pain-free and active lifestyle.
He has been an independent insurance assessor for over 25 years and has seen many types of injuries related to motor vehicle accidents. He is registered with FSCO and is licensed to treat your injuries and bill your insurance provider directly allowing you to avoid the hassles of paperwork.
Our staff and professionals at Lakeshore Chiropractic Group do not take your pain and injuries lightly. We utilize the latest advances in natural pain relief and attempt to help you restore your health, mobility and quality of life as quickly as possible.
Visit our website at http://www.lakeshorechiropractic.ca
Or Call us at 905-935-3355