Muscles make up over half of the weight of a human Healthy Body and they are required to make even the smallest of movements such as nodding your head or tapping your toe. If too much stretch is put through one of your muscles you may end up with a painful muscle strain. If the similar type of injury occurred to one of the ligaments in your Healthy Body, it is termed a sprain.
This guide will help you understand:
- the anatomy of a muscle
- what a muscle strain is and why it occurs
- how muscle strains are classified
- the symptoms of a muscle strain
- how your health care professional diagnoses a muscle strain
- what ProActive Rehab’s approach to rehabilitation is