Dr. Tim Lo's office is a family dental practice, focusing on the health, function and appearance of your mouth. We are here to help you make good choices about your oral health, so that you can look and feel your best. We treat each of our patients as unique individuals, and strive to listen closely to their concerns in order to help them achieve a smile that is not only beautiful and natural in appearance, but comfortable as well. We invite you to explore our site and feel free to contact us if we may be of service to you in any way. We look forward to meeting you!
|1) Bonding/Tooth-colored fillings: A bonding is a composite resin that is used as an alternative to amalgams and veneers. This is an excellent cosmetic option for those patients who do not want the look of silver in their mouths and do not want the expense of veneers.
2) Bridges: It is one of the options to restore one missing tooth or teeth. It is a link or connection between two permanent structures. It attaches the restored teeth (bridge) to the natural teeth on either side of the gap.
3) Crowns: If a tooth is beyond repair with a filling material, we may recommend a full crown as the best viable option to save it. There are three types of crowns with different materials, namely, a full porcelain crown, a porcelain-fused-to-metal crown and a full gold crown. We will make the determination as to which of these options is the most appropriate for your situation.
4) Dentures/Partial Dentures: A denture is a removable dental prosthetic that is designed to replace one or more missing teeth.
5) Hygiene/Periodontal Health: In addition to the meticulous cleaning, polishing and examination of your teeth, we also take the time to help our patients develop proper oral hygiene habits at home. We will evaluate your hygiene techniques and make adjustments to your routine where needed. We will also make suggestions for preventative measures such as dental sealants or nightguards or bite splints to protect against bruxism (tooth grinding) or TMJ problems. If you are suffering from gingivitis or more severe gum disease, we may recommend scaling and root planing. These measures can prevent further bone loss and help you keep your natural teeth.
6) Dental Implant Restorations: A dental implant has two parts – a root made of biocompatible metal, and a custom-made tooth crown which is attached to it. Most implants are made of titanium, an inert metal proven effective at fusing with living bone. Implants are considered by many dentists to be more conservative than traditional bridges, because there is no need to shape adjacent healthy teeth. We also use implants for full dentures and single missing teeth.
7) Oral Surgery (Extraction)
8) Orthodontics (Braces and Invisalign): Invisalign is a series of clear, plastic, and removable aligners which are computer-generated to gently and progressively alter the position of the teeth until they are in correct alignment. You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing because it is nearly invisible. You can eat and drink what you want, as well as brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth, because it is removable. It is comfortable to wear since there are no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasion. Ask us if this is right for you.
9) Root Canal Therapy (Endodontics): It is the process of removing the nerves from the roots to save an infected tooth. The reasons needing a root canal therapy include but are not limited to, a very deep cavity that extends into the nerve, a trauma to the tooth that exposes the nerve or a crack in the tooth that extends into the nerve.
10) Veneers: Porcelain veneers are extremely thin casings of ceramic that are bonded to the front of the tooth to create a new smile. They can be placed on teeth that appear too small or large, slightly discolored, or simply are not cosmetically pleasing to the patient due to chipping or malalignment.
11) Teeth Whitening: With Zoom In-Office Tooth Whitening, in less than two hours, your smile could be bright and white. We will assess your oral health and discuss the degree of lightening you can reasonably expect. We provide a take-home kit with custom fitted trays for touch-up. Most often a touch-up once every six-month to a year will maintain your sparkling smile.