UgroGreens is our Microgreen Homekit Online store. Our Microgreen Homekits include 2 packs of certified organic microgreen seeds, 2 biodegradable grow mats and detailed instructions for growing microgreens in your indoor vegetable garden.
Start your own indoor vegetable garden by growing red cabbage microgreens, growing cress, microgreens growing kale microgreens and many different types of microgreens. Visit UgroGreen.
Most varieties of our microgreen home kits are ready to harvest within only 7-10 days. Microgreens are packed with more nutritional value than the fully grown version!
A microgreen is a particular variety of plant that can be fully harvested once the first set of leaves are developed. At the time of harvest, the microgreens can vary from 1 to 3 inches high. Even at this early stage of development, microgreens are packed full of nutritional value, and can complement your favorite dishes with flavour that won't go ignored!
After 3 years of planning and trials, UgroGreen was launched in July 2016. With a rich history as growers of annuals, perennials, shrubs, and herbs for over 20 years, we sought to expand our business by leverage our expertise as growers into the healthy food segment. We found a perfect fit with Microgreens - a healthy and edible product with a long shelf life that people can grow in their own homes.
Having experienced the benefits of microgreens ourselves, and knowing it’s huge nutritional value, we developed microgreen home kit product that contains certified organic seeds, biodegradable grow mats and a food grade growing container. Our sleeves we designed ourselves- with all information needed so the growing experience and the set up of an indoor microgreen vegetable garden are simple and fun to do.
We are so excited about our new product. As a family, we are enjoying this new adventure. We look forward to seeing where this adventure takes us in the future!! We want people to benefit from growing their own Microgreens - from a healthy standpoint as well as from the enjoyment and satisfaction of growing your own. You grow it, and you will know what is in it!!
It is simply an amazing feeling because Healthy Living is a choice. And it's a choice YOU can make today!!
1. Can you freeze microgreens? Yes!!! A great way is to cut up in ice-cube trays, add your favorite juice and freeze. Great for smoothies.
2. Can you vacuum seal microgreens? Yes, A good vacuum sealer is very handy and can preserve your greens for weeks in the refrigerator.
3. What are microgreens used for? Microgreens are used for sandwiches, burgers, wraps, smoothies, salads, barbecued meat, and cooked dinner entree you would like to add them to.
4. What do they taste like? Each variety has its own unique flavor. They range from mild, peppery, nutty, spicy, hot, crunchy…..
5. Are they good for me? Microgreens are exceptionally good for you- loaded in goodness- 6-10X more so than the mature plant. Vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, Carotene, Chlorophyll, Amino acids, Potassium, Zinc, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Calcium, iron, Trace elements, Antioxidants, 35% Protein.
6. Are they easy to grow? Yes, each package has step by step instructions for easy growing- even for those who claim to have a black thumb 🙂 My 9-year-old granddaughter grows them herself for her lunches.
7. What amount of microgreens will each kit yield? Each kit contains 2 grow mats and 2 seed packs, so you have 2 separate growing periods. Each mat contains 6-8 servings of greens (depending on your preferred amount).
8. How long will an unopened kit stay on my shelf? An unopened kit has a shelf life of 2+ years in a cool dry place. If you refrigerate or freeze your kit, shelf life is indefinite.
9. Will you be adding to your selection of microgreens in the future? Absolutely!!! We are very excited to not only be adding more microgreen selections, but also different sized kits, microgreens that will grow better in coco coir medium rather than hydroponically such as wheatgrass, peas, sunflower, radish, beets, and swiss chard to name a few….
Quite simply, a microgreen is a particular variety of plant that can be fully harvested once the first set of leaves are developed, usually occurring within 7-10 days of seeding. At the time of harvest, the microgreens can vary from 1 to 3 inches high. Even at this early stage of development, microgreens are packed full of nutritional value, and can complement your favorite dishes with flavour that won’t go ignored!