Athletics Coach Ancaster is a specialized advocate for the athlete. We are very passionate about the well-being, performance and development of the athlete. Our mission is to promote and facilitate the highest standards of sports performance through our services while educating athletes, coaches, parents along with the sport organizations and clubs about the principles and implementation of the Long Term Athletic Development model promoted by most amateur sport associations in Canada (Basketball Canada, Baseball Canada).
The following are benefits to the athlete:
- We adhere to and implement the philosophy and methodology of the International Youth Conditioning Association (IYCA) in conjunction with the Long Term Athletic Development model for younger athletes.
- Athletes who are new to strength and conditioning programs will benefit from experienced coaching and specialized programming that is catered to the athlete’s age and stage of development, sport demands, predominant energy system used in their sport, and any Healthy Body composition needs. (muscle gain, or fat loss)
- Athletes will understand through specific testing and evaluation such as our Functional Movement Screening (FMS) the nature of how well they move and how this relates to their potential for injury and hindrances to performance. The data collected from the FMS are then used to prescribe customized programming to address the athlete’s individual needs.
- Corrections for the athlete’s flexibility, mobility and stability deficits can be integrated into regular training sessions.
- Athletes new to athletic development training or strength and conditioning training will appreciate how invaluable their training will contribute to their performance.
- Athletes will appreciate their stage of development and training age by engaging in programming that will develop their skills related to Healthy Body coordination, strength, power development, endurance, balancing, agility and essential motor programming.
- Agility drills will augment the athlete’s braking system to improve direction changes, cutting manoeuvres and eccentric strength.
- Injury prevention and performance are enhanced by using customized dynamic warm-up regimes to optimally prepare the athletes to perform.
- Team players will be motivated and look forward to performance testing and re-evaluations at pre-scheduled times as a part of their training and targeted goal setting within their program.
- Within the context of any injuries, as a Certified Athletic Therapist, Jean will be able to assess, treat and rehabilitate any injuries that may occur during practices or games for his athletes.
Athletics Coach Ancaster provides the following services to teams and athletes: (see tabs below)
Sports/Athletic Therapy (Clinical and Field coverage)
Athletic and Movement-based development (Ages 6-12) and Strength and Conditioning programming(Ages 13-18+)
Sports and Exercise Nutrition
Athletic movement and performance testing and evaluation
Functional Movement Screening (individualized assessment for injury prevention and movement quality enhancement)
Training equipment selection and purchasing
A little bit of info about Jean:
- Jean is no stranger to the world of athletics.
- Jean has participated in a myriad of sports from childhood, to the University level. The various sports and activities that has shaped his coaching and appreciation for athletics include: basketball, volleyball, soccer, football, baseball, track running, distance running, racket-ball, tennis, ultimate- frisbee, white water kayaking, war-canoe racing, and mountain biking just to name a few.
- Jean has also spent the last 20 years acquiring certifications and qualifications and experience that allows him to follow his passion and chosen profession as an Athletic Therapist and Strength and Athletics Coach to ultimately help athletes achieve their performance goals and remain healthy and injury-free.
- Jean has been working with athletes as an athletic therapist and conditioning coach since 1999 and has enjoyed helping many athletes excel in their sport or game.
- Jean’s experience helping athletes in various sports include: soccer, basketball, hockey, tennis, football, swimming, volleyball, dance, distance running, rugby, baseball/softball, mountain biking and weight lifting. This list continues to grow
- Jean’s personal training focus is on power lifting and Olympic lifting.