This Pandemic has brought unique challenges for students studying off-campus: routines are almost unrecognizable, socializing seems non-existent, and the pressure of doing well at school feels heavier than ever. On top of that, there is a lot of talk about COVID, health, restrictions and guidelines, and being patient as we adapt to a “new normal”.
Our weekly gathering will support you in increasing your coping strategies and skills to stay on track this semester. We’ll be offering tips and strategies while we work together to make this semester better even during a pandemic!
Here are some tips and tools that work to help students:
- Establish a daily routine with time for studying and breaks.
- Separate your study space from your relaxation space.
- Be compassionate towards your thoughts and feelings.
- Use Mindfulness practices to assist with focus, memory and an overall sense of wellbeing.
- Get active and move your body daily.
We’ll be covering this and more in our January peer support group. Here you’ll learn and explore ways to stay on track with studies, connect with like-minded peers and cope during the pandemic.
Join us in our weekly drop-in meetings Monday evenings 7-8 pm!
If you or someone you know may be interested, click “Join Our Community” below for more information.